JIRA upgrade from Ver. 5.2 to 6.2
Take jira backup in xml format- Login to JIRA with admin privileges and export the backup
- Copy data folder from JIRA - Attachments /Gravatar/logos
- Copy plugins
- Stop JIRA - /etc/init.d/JIRA stop
- Download the latest jira .bin from Atlassian JIRA download page.
chmod a+x atlassian-jira-X.Y.bin mkdir -p /opt/atlassian/jira/
- Execute the '.bin' file to start the upgrade wizard.
- choose #2
Install data directory
- Create mysql database:
mysql> CREATE DATABASE jiradb6 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin; mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX on jiradb6.* TO 'jirauser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'jira_secure_passwd';Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.05 sec) mysql> flush privileges;
- Download mysql-connector from oracle website and copy it to the JIRA/lib directory.
scp mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar /opt/atlassian/jira/lib/
- During the https://
browse give the absolute location of DB xml locaiton : the setup wizard will import all the db.
- Copy the attachments,gravatar & logos from old installation to the new. i.e #scp -r attachments/ /opt/jira6/data/
- Make sure all the permission give to jira user and jira group if you are installing on the same machine then the new user will be jira1 instead of jira
Check the logs. ie. tail -f /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.2014-04-01.log